LearnHub

Should Bollywood movies be dubbed in English? (Discussion)

Poshmonkey saidSun, 13 Jul 2008 19:49:22 -0000 ( Link )

I must say that when I started watching Bollywood movies in 2004 I didn’t mind reading English subtitles (original language: Hindi), which in the past usually I hated. But in this case I hardly noticed that I had to read them since I was so interested in the stories ….
Considering the fact that in Germany Bollywood movies are dubbed in German (and I must admit it’s done really good, even if it sounds a bit odd, knowing how it sounds in the original language), I really wonder why movies haven’t already been dubbed in English in the past.
Should they be dubbed in English? Definitely yes!
(By the way, if you are interested in watching parts of a Bollywood movie in German to see how that sounds, look at some videos on YouTube….)

Actions
Vote
Current Rating
Rate Up
Rate Down
1 Total Vote
  1. krishnahara saidTue, 09 Oct 2012 17:10:33 -0000 ( Link )

yes i really feel that … Bollywood movies should be dubbed in english … may be it will not be commercially very viable in the first few movies considering if the ppl plan to spend in marketing it in western countries … but at the longer run ..it will not only create more audience …. but will also help people around the world more about India … as film has significant reflection of the society …. moreover many films like “kahani” a movie released this year 2012 …. would be a very good experience for every person around the world …. i really don’t understand why do the film makers don’t think in this way … :( :( …
    Actions
    Vote
    Current Rating
    Rate Up
    Rate Down
    1 Total Vote

Post Comments

Your Response
Textile is Enabled (View Reference)